A student in the Creative Industry

 When I thought about interviewing someone from the creative industry the first thing that got into my mind was a very professional, serious, multitasker, and super creative person. Learning in class more about what is the creative industry and who is part of it got me very interested in all of the industry and the different people that take part in it. Like I talked about in class I am a fan of the fashion creative industry (if I can call it that way). Fashion excites me; it makes me happy however fashion industry is not just about designing, multiple sections work in this industry. When I was asked who to interview the first thing that popped into my mind was Ana Luisa Pimentel a 22-year-old student who started working months ago in this creative industry. I wanted to get the perspective of a young and new working in the industry. Ana is one of the girls that in the pandemic she wanted to find herself and her passion, so she started an internship at YLIANA YEPEZ after the internship ended, she was recruited to work in the company. She currently works in the social media and digital marketing department where she currently creates content every day. Ana Luisa said, “That department was not something that I thought I was interested in, to begin with, it but now that I am working in it, I do think it is a passion of mine.” Anna also talked that the part that she likes most is being able to interact with different people. She is not able to go to the office because her work is remote, but she stated that she has met amazing people and has done amazing networking. “I thought it was going to be a different experience but when I got in, I was able to learn from a very high degree”, said Ana Luisa. 

Working in the creative fashion industry is very competitive especially now with the pandemic, a lot of brands saw a decline in their sales and are currently desperate trying to find different ways of targeting their consumers to sell. Yliana Yepez is a company that is currently going through that challenge, their main sales were in department stores and the shopping experience has changed a lot due to COVID. Ana Luisa did states that the thing that she likes less about her job is the amount of competition that there is in the industry. She normally tries to create very engaging content, but she is struggling with it. 

 

We have learned that something that affects workers in the creative industry is the low salaries and that is why some people are not completely satisfied with their job. However, Ana Luisa said that she does believe that she gets paid the correct amount, she is a student, and she works part-time, and her boss is very lucky and understanding. 

Something that I have seen that happens a lot in the creative industry is that people do not start working in their dream job. For example, Ana Luisa's dream job is to be a fashion journalist “Being a fashion journalist is one of my goals in life,” said Ana.  

Comments